David R. Morantz
E-mail MeDavid R. Morantz
866-484-8966 (Toll Free)
David is a trial attorney representing the victims of general torts, with an emphasis in transportation, medical negligence and products liability cases. David has represented clients in federal and state courts and has argued cases before the Kansas Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
David is a member of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and the Kansas Association for Justice, which recognized David in 2013 with the Thomas E. Sullivan Award in recognition of significant promise and commitment as a developing leader for the association.
David joined the firm in 2005 after graduating from the University of Kansas School of Law, where he was an articles editor on the Kansas Law Review and was honored as the top student in the area of intellectual property during his final year of law school. Prior to law school, David worked as a newspaper reporter for The Associated Press and for the Omaha World-Herald. David focused his reporting on exposing shortcomings in municipal services. He won several awards in recognition of outstanding reporting and writing. While in law school, David helped teach reporting and editing at KU's William Allen White School of Journalism.
Besides journalism stints in South Carolina and Nebraska, David has always called the Kansas City area home. He earned his undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of Kansas. When not at work, David enjoys spending time with his wife, Carrie, and their children, Lucy, Stanley and Rebecca. David also enjoys coaching and playing soccer, cycling and cooking.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Products Liability Litigation
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- Honors: Top Student in Intellectual Property
- Honors: Teach Reporting/Editing at KU's William Allen White School of Journalism
- Law Review: Kansas Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Kansas
- How Old is Too Old? Kansas’ Useful Safe Life Statute of Repose, Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice, Vol. XXXIII, No. 2, p.6, November 2009
- Beware the Patient Juror, Journal of Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. XXX, No. 5, p.6, May 2007
- "HIPAA's Headaches: A Call for a First Amendment Exception to the Newly Enacted Health Care Privacy Rules,", 53 U. Kan. L. Rev. 479, 2005
- Witness Review: Changes to Depositions Under K.S.A. 60-230(e), Journal of the Kansas Association for Judgment, pp. 15-18, March, 2012
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating with Martindale Hubbell, 2014 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Associated Press, Newspaper Reporter
- Omaha World-Herald, Newspaper Reporter
- Student Newspaper, Managing Editor