David R. Morantz
David R. Morantz
866-484-8966 (Toll Free)
Since joining the firm in 2005, David has focused his practice on medical negligence, products liability and other tort actions, including cases against daycare providers for injuries and deaths of infants. David has participated in several jury trials for the firm and practices as an aggressive yet civil litigator.
David joined the firm in 2005 after graduating from the University of Kansas School of Law, where he was an articles editor on the Kansas Law Review and was honored as the top student in the area of intellectual property during his final year of law school.
Prior to law school, David worked as a newspaper reporter for The Associated Press and for the Omaha World-Herald. David focused his reporting on exposing shortcomings in municipal services. He won several awards in recognition of outstanding reporting and writing. While in law school, David helped teach reporting and editing at KU's William Allen White School of Journalism.
David is admitted to practice in Kansas and Missouri. He is an active member of the Kansas Association for Justice and enjoys his membership in the Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court.
Besides journalism stints in South Carolina and Nebraska, David has always called the Kansas City area home. He earned his undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of Kansas. When not at work, David enjoys spending time with his wife, Carrie, and their children, Lucy, Stanley and Rebecca. David also enjoys soccer, mountain biking, swimming and working in the yard.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence
- Products Liability Litigation
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- Honors: Top Student in Intellectual Property
- Honors: Teach Reporting/Editing at KU's William Allen White School of Journalism
- Law Review: Kansas Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Kansas
- How Old is Too Old? Kansas’ Useful Safe Life Statute of Repose, Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice, Vol. XXXIII, No. 2, p.6, November 2009
- Beware the Patient Juror, Journal of Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. XXX, No. 5, p.6, May 2007
- "HIPAA's Headaches: A Call for a First Amendment Exception to the Newly Enacted Health Care Privacy Rules,", 53 U. Kan. L. Rev. 479, 2005
- Witness Review: Changes to Depositions Under K.S.A. 60-230(e), Journal of the Kansas Association for Judgment, pp. 15-18, March, 2012
Past Employment Positions
- The Associated Press, Newspaper Reporter
- Omaha World-Herald, Newspaper Reporter
- Student Newspaper, Managing Editor