Daniel A. Singer
Partner Since 2018
Kansas City, Missouri
Daniel joined the firm in the summer of 2010. He focuses his practice primarily on medical negligence and automobile/trucking accident cases, but has represented clients in matters ranging from premises liability actions to sports injury cases.
Daniel is an experienced trial lawyer, having obtained verdicts for clients in Kansas and Missouri in medical negligence, wrongful death, and insurance bad faith cases. Daniel and Lynn Johnson recently obtained an $11.5 million ruling in a Riley County, Kansas, bad faith case arising out of an insurance carrier’s mishandling of a claim against its insured pilot following a fatal aviation crash. Daniel was also part of the trial team that obtained a $2.88 million verdict in a Johnson County, Kansas, medical negligence case arising out of a lumbar epidural steroid injection that resulted in meningitis and, ultimately, death. The verdict was one of the largest ever obtained in a Johnson County medical negligence action. Daniel has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers each year from 2015-2018.
Daniel earned his law degree from Duke University School of Law, where he was an articles editor for Law and Contemporary Problems and participated actively on the moot court and mock trial teams. He was recognized as the best oral advocate at the 2010 National First Amendment Moot Court Competition.
Daniel earned his undergraduate degree in political science from the University of Kansas, where he graduated with honors and highest distinction. When not at work, he enjoys skeet shooting, traveling, and following the Royals and Jayhawks. Daniel lives with his wife, Catherine, a business litigation attorney, and their recent addition, their daughter, who enjoys food, books, and pointing at animals.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Automobile/Trucking Accidents
- False Claims Act/Qui Tam Cases
- General Tort
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Honors: Member and Competitor, Moot Court and Mock Trial Boards
- Honors: Best Oral Advocate, 2010 National First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Articles Editor, Law and Contemporary Problems
- University of Kansas
- Honors: Graduation with Honors and Highest Distinction
- Honors: Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, and Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Societies
Peer Recognition, Honors & Awards
Named “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, 2015-2018
Getting the Facts from Peer Review, Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice, Vol. XXXVI, No. 5, p.4, May 2013
Call us at 816-474-0004 to learn more about ways we can help you receive justice and recover money. Or, schedule a free consultation at our offices in Kansas City or Overland Park. We represent clients throughout Kansas City and the Midwest region.